Many people are busy with life and don’t take the time to recover from the constant stress and pressure. But when we are always busy, we actually become less effective and Energy Medicine can reverse that.
If you are one of those people you may show some of the signs that your mind and body need to relax, including (but not limited to):
- Physical symptoms (stress headaches, tension in the shoulders and lower back pain)
- A mind that is racing, often out of control
- Emotional reactions such as unexplained crying or being snappy at others for no reason
- Eating habits (excessive caffeine, alcohol, junk food)
- Lack of sleep
- ….. And we can go on.
Energy Medicine is a subtle approach to health, relaxation, recovery and balance. Energy Medicine is based upon the belief that changes in your energy or ”life force” can contribute towards improved health, wellness and that it can promote healing. In other words, Energy Medicine is an “energetic ” or informational interaction with a biological system to bring back homeostasis in the organism.” (US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of health)
What is “Life Force Energy”
The concept of a “Life Force” or “Life Energy” has been around for thousands of years. The Chinese have the idea of QI (pronounced as Chi), which is the foundation of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture. In India, you have the concept of Prana, which is often related to practises such as Yoga. From Japan, we have Reiki, which has been used for healing purposes since the early 20th century. All of those philosophies share that idea that improving your life force, can improve your health and the quality of your life in general.
Approaches to improving your “life force energy.”
- Using your body to identify and manipulate your “life force energy”. Examples of this include acupuncture and Kinesiology. Acupuncture uses needles to balance the flow of energy. Kinesiology uses your body as a tool to identify what is causing your body stress by showing “a weakness” when performing a muscle weakness. Using a variety of non-invasive tools and methods, Kinesiology can help strengthen your life energy.
- Energy Healing. Using the transfer of energy from a “sender” to a “receiver” you can strengthen and rebalance the receiver’s “life force energy.” The transfer of energy often happens using the hands.
- Tap into the unconscious mind. The principle of the unconscious mind is that it holds a blueprint of perfect health (every-body regenerates itself constantly). In other words, the unconscious mind is connected to a more expansive source of wisdom and information. So, using the unconscious mind, you can tap into that wisdom and release thought patterns and beliefs that prevent your unconscious wisdom from accessing the blueprint of health. Examples of this include meditation and visualisation work.
What can it do for me?
The outcomes I have seen using Energy Medicine are diverse:
- Pain management. Completely gone: (tennis elbow, lower back pain, shoulder tension)
- Improved emotional resilience
- Less passive-aggressive as seen in the change of behaviours, language and relationships
- Courage to make life-changing decisions
- Flow in life: New job, increased cash flow
- Overall increased relaxation
- Improved relationships
- Increased mindfulness
Energy medicine works very well as the prevention of stress-related dis-ease, recovery, stress management, and it can promote healing.
Note: Energy medicine does not treat, cure or diagnose. If you are seeking treatment for any conditions, it is advisable to continue to do so. But more so, Allopathic medicine (science-based medicine) and Energy Medicine can work very well together.
Does it work for everybody?
Yes, energy medicine can work for everybody. However, some people find it challenging for a few reasons:
- They reject the feelings/ emotions/outcomes because it doesn’t make sense.
- Trust. You don’t trust the process (often a sign of resistance to surrender to the unconscious mind)
- They don’t listen to the guidance given by the practitioner
- You start to second guess the process or rationalise the process
- There is no accountability for their own actions and behaviours, and as a result, no desire to change or adapt
Most of these are easy to overcome. I have seen many analytical and sceptical people convert.
You may not understand how gravity works, it still works for you. The same with Energy medicine and Healing. You don’t have to be spiritual, or understand how it works to get the benefit.